Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Attach the top to neck

 Before I attach the sound board to the neck, I pre-shape the heel so I don't have to worry about damaging the sides or sound board once everything is assembled.

Once the heel is shaped, I cut the top portion of the sound board that will meet the neck.

To ensure alignment, I draw a center line down both the neck and sound board, the dry fit the two together and tac two small nails to mark my position.
 The two nails prevent the sound board from shifting out of alignment when I glue the pieces together.
 Clamp it up......
 Make sure I am centered..... Done.
 Next, I glue the tail block to the sound baord. 

Here's a pic of the tenor 'ukulele in progress as well, note the similarities :-)



Next up..... Attach the sides to the sound board and neck......

No comments:

Post a Comment